Hello everyone, I hope you’re all having a great week.
Today I’d like to introduce another new Insignia Stories contributor, J.M. Wong. She has 3 stories in the ‘Japanese Fantasy Drabbles’ anthology: ‘At the Dinner Table’, ‘Hate Us, Never Love Us’, and ‘Lost, but Found’.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
JM WONG: Born and raised in Hong Kong. Never ever lived in an English-speaking country for more than half a year but insisted on writing her books in English in hopes of sharing her stories with people all over the world. She’s also an English teacher who graduated from Hong Kong Baptist University with a degree in English Language and Literature and Education. She published her first book-Under Her Cursed Scythe in 2018.
Her blog: https://jollymollywongwriter.wordpress.com/
1. Author Name/s: J.M. Wong
2. Years active as a writer: Eight years
3. What genre/s you write: Fantasy, magic realism
4. Favorite genre to write: Fantasy
5. Favorite length of story to write: around 5000 words
6. Your nationality: Hong Kong, China
7. Country you live in: Hong Kong, China
8. Number of Asian countries visited: 6
9. Favorite Asian country (visited): Taiwan
10. Favorite place in Asia (visited): Taipei
11. Place (city or country) you most want to visit in Asia: Korea
12. Favorite Asian cuisine: Sashimi
13. Favorite Asian dish: Topokki (Korean Rice Cake)
14. Favorite Asian movie (any genre): Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds (Korean
15. Favorite Asian book (any genre): Goblin: Lonely and Great God (Korean TV drama)
16. Favorite Asian celebrity: Korean Actress Park Min Young
17. Best thing about being a writer: You have another world (the imaginary world) for
you to escape your problems and harsh reality for a little while.
18. Worst thing about being a writer: You can never sleep well because the best ideas
always strike when you try to sleep
19. Day writer or night writer: Night
20. Drink and snack of choice (while writing): popcorn & coffee
21. Number of short stories/poems submitted each month (av): 1-2
22. I dream to be published with/in (publisher/publication): Penguin Publishing Group
23. Most active on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): Instagram (@J.M.Wong)
24. Self-published, traditionally published, or both: Self-published
25. Currently working on: my second book of my novel series: The Blessed or Cursed
Series & a short story for an anthology.
J.M. Wong’s novel, Under a Cursed Scythe is available now from Book Depository!
And if you haven’t checked out Insignia Drabbles Vol.1. ‘Japanese Fantasy Drabbles’ yet, it’s available from most ebook retailers now for just US.99c!
Want to write for Insignia Drabbles Vol.2.? Submissions open May 1st! Theme is Southeast Asian fantasy. Check out the Submissions Page for details.