Maria S. Picone has an MFA from Goddard College. She loves cats, noodles, and oil painting. Her Twitter is @mspicone, and her website is mariaspicone.com.
Work Published with INSIGNIA STORIES:
Southeast Asian Fantasy Drabbles (Insignia Drabbles Vol.2.)
Insignia 2022: Best Asian Speculative Fiction (Release: Dec 2022).
Other posts on this blog:
INSTINCTS #30: ‘A Costly Mistake’ by Maria S. Picone (November 7th, 2022)
Author Spotlight: Maria S. Picone (Sept 30th, 2020)
- Author Name/s: Maria S. Picone
- Years active as a writer: all the years! Recently, 2019-2020
- What genre/s you write: poetry, fiction, nonfiction
- Favorite genre to write: short-form works
- Favorite length of story to write: flash—sweet spot 300-500 words.
- Your nationality: USA
- Country you live in: USA
- Number of Asian countries visited: 6
- Favorite Asian country (visited): Korea
- Favorite place in Asia (visited): Barhouy Waterfall in Cambodia
- Place (city or country) you most want to visit in Asia: Jinhae-gu
- Favorite Asian cuisine: Korean
- Favorite Asian dish: kimchi jjigae
- Favorite Asian movie (any genre): Hero by Zhang Yimou
- Favorite Asian book (any genre): The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea by Yukio Mishima
- Day writer or night writer: Night
- Drink and snack of choice (while writing): Green tea, rice crackers with nori
- Number of short stories/poems submitted each month (av): In 2020 so far, 51 (av)
- Most active on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): Twitter @mspicone
- Currently working on: about one flash fiction or CNF for every twenty poems.