This page shows the publication schedule for stories and poems in October for our special event, HORROR MATSURI 2020!
Details on Submissions to our Flash Fiction call or INSTINCTS Poetry can be found here on the Horror Matsuri 2020 page.
HORROR MATSURI SCHEDULE
Links to all the published works will be added on the scheduled day once available.
Please note, posts on the Insignia site are based in Japan, time zone GMT+9.
Guidelines for joining the Blog Tour are below the schedule.
WEEK 1 (THURSDAY OCTOBER 1ST – SUNDAY 4TH)
Thursday 1st: INSTINCTS poetry: ‘Qingming; Clarity‘ Therese Choon
Friday 2nd: INSIGNIA flash fiction: ‘One Last Splash’ by Umiyuri Katsuyama & Toshiya Kamei (translator)
Saturday 3rd: BLOG TOUR> Kelly Matsuura, Japan. Posting: drabbles
WEEK 2 (MONDAY OCTOBER 5TH – SUNDAY 11TH)
Tuesday 6th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: TBA
Thursday 8th: INSTINCTS poetry: ‘Spooky Yuki-onna‘ John H. Dromey
Friday 9th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: ‘House #197, Argyll Road’ by Deborah Wong
WEEK 3 (MONDAY OCTOBER 12TH – SUNDAY 18TH)
Tuesday 13th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: TBA
Thursday 15th: INSTINCTS poetry: ‘Eye for an Eye’ Maggie D. Brace
Friday 16th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: (Title-TBA) by Umair Mirxa
WEEK 4 (MONDAY OCTOBER 19TH – SUNDAY 25TH)
Tuesday 20th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: TBA
Thursday 22nd: INSTINCTS poetry: OPEN
Friday 23rd: INSIGNIA flash fiction: ‘Deception’ by Therese Choon
Saturday 17th: BLOG TOUR> Natasha Sinclair, Scotland. Posting: ‘Goddess in Motion’ (Flash).
WEEK 5 ( MONDAY OCTOBER 26TH – SATURDAY 31ST)
Tuesday 27th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: ‘Night with the Batibat’ by Maggie D.Brace
Thursday 29th: INSTINCTS poetry: ‘A Yōkai’s Haiku Halloween Abroad’ by John H. Dromey
Friday 30th: INSIGNIA flash fiction: ‘I Should Be Asleep’ by Joyce Chng
Saturday 31st: BLOG TOUR> Stewart C. Baker, USA. Posting: ‘Blood-stained Letters Found in a Roadside Shrine on the Outskirts of Kyoto’ (short story) and ‘Untitled Nopperabou Game’ (interactive fiction).
BLOG TOUR GUIDELINES
- Blog Tour listings will be in red on the schedule. (See my example on Oct 3rd).
- Anyone can join Horror Matsuri, but your content must be ASIAN horror or dark fantasy work, with settings in an Asian country. We’d like to see as many countries/cultures as possible represented, and include far west Asia/Persia etc in our view of Asia.
- You may post flash stories, micro-fiction, poetry, or longer short stories. Serials are also welcome. Work should be dark with a sense of dread or fear, but don’t necessarily have to be strong horror. If your piece IS graphic or violent, please put a content warning and/or appropriate age rating at the top of your post. I won’t be previewing posts beforehand, nor policing anyone’s pages, so please be considerate and respectful to both readers and other writers involved.
- Regarding scheduling, at this stage I really don’t know how many people actually will be participating, so it would be helpful to have some people request their dates early so we can start filling in the calendar. But I understand how busy October is, and will gladly add new posts to the calendar during October as well. I’ll do my best to keep the calendar up-to-date, and just ask that participants do their best to help me as well.
- You may request to post on the same day as Insignia posts or other blog tour posts, but I will close some dates off if it looks too full.
- When you’re ready to request a date, or if you have any questions, please email me (Kelly Matsuura) at insignia.submissions(AT)gmail.com In your email, please include your requested date, your author name & blog link, and a brief description of what you plan to publish. Your Twitter/Facebook links would be helpful too, so I can tag you in promo posts etc.
I may add more information here throughout September, especially in response to any queries or concerns from writers. So please check this page weekly, and make sure you’re following this blog to receive news as well.
I’m really looking forward to Horror Matsuri with everyone!
Good luck with your stories/poems,