Heather Ewings (whose story Kitsune was published in Insignia Vol. 1 under the name Heather Jensen) is an Australian author of speculative fiction. She has a MA in History, and a fascination with myth and folklore.
Aside from Insignia, Heather’s work has been published in Asymmetry Fiction, and Lite Lit One, and in 2018 her novella ‘What the Tide Brings’ was included as part of The People’s Library project, in Tasmania, Australia.
Heather studied the Japanese language throughout high school and university, and in Grade Ten visited the country in a whirlwind 12-day trip that took in everything from the temples of Kyoto to the ‘hells’ in Beppu, and so much in between.
Stories included in The Insignia Series anthologies:
‘Kitsune’ (Insignia: Japanese Fantasy Stories)
Work included in the Insignia Drabbles anthologies:
Posts on this blog:
- Author Name/s: Heather Ewings (have also written as Heather Jensen)
- Years active as a writer: 8
- What genre/s you write: mostly speculative fiction
- Favorite genre to write: fantasy
- Favorite length of story to write: novella, or flash fiction!!
- Your nationality: Australian
- Number of Asian countries visited: 1
- Favorite Asian country (visited): Japan
- Favorite place in Asia (visited): I loved Beppu!
- Favorite Asian dish: oyakodon, or maybe sukiyaki, or sushi,
- Favorite Asian movie (any genre): Love Letter
- Favorite Asian book (any genre): The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- Best thing about being a writer: the freedom to write whenever and wherever
- Worst thing about being a writer: the nerves from pitching to publishers…
- Day writer or night writer: I much prefer the night.
- Drink and snack of choice (while writing): chocolate, and water
- Number of short stories/poems submitted each month (av): 4
- I dream to be published with/in (publisher/publication): Tricky! Daily Science Fiction, and Flash Fiction Online are a few at the top of my list.
- Most active on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): Facebook, though I’m not very active there are the moment.
- Currently working on: A sort-of urban fantasy novella