Ray Daley was born in Coventry & still lives there. He served 6 years in the RAF as a clerk & spent most of his time in a Hobbit hole in High Wycombe. He is a published poet & has been writing stories since he was 10. His current dream is to eventually finish the Hitch Hikers fanfic novel he’s been writing since 1986.
Stories included in The Insignia Series Anthologies:
‘Uncle Ping’s Farewell’ (Insignia: Asian Science Fiction, July 2018)
‘How Have the Mighty Fallen?’ (Insignia: Asian Flash Fiction & Poetry, July 2019)
Other Posts of Interest:
Author Spotlight #1 August 14, 2019
TWENTY FIVE QUESTIONS
- Author Name/s: Ray Daley
- Years active as a writer: Ever? 40. Selling stuff? 5.
- What genre/s you write: SF, Horror & Fantasy. Literally anything if the mood takes me.
- Favorite genre to write: SF.
- Favorite length of story to write: Short. I’m lazy.
- Your nationality: British. Half Welsh, half English.
- Country you live in: The United Kingdom
- Number of Asian countries visited: None at all.
- Favorite Asian country (visited): N/A
- Favorite place in Asia (visited): N/A
- Place (city or country) you most want to visit in Asia: I’d love to go to Japan.
- Favorite Asian cuisine: I couldn’t pick just one.
- Favorite Asian dish: Thai Green Curry.
- Favorite Asian movie (any genre): Battle Royale. It’s awesome!
- Favorite Asian book (any genre): The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin.
- Favorite Asian celebrity: Ming-Na Wen.
- Best thing about being a writer: I get to sleep when I want.
- Worst thing about being a writer: Not enough money!
- Day writer or night writer: Mostly night. I blame the RAF, I used to work in a bunker.
- Drink and snack of choice (while writing): Any cold drink. Ginger biscuits.
- Number of short stories/poems submitted each month (av): Maybe 10-20? It varies a lot, depending on what’s open.
- I dream to be published with/in (publisher/publication): F&SF or Clarkesworld.
- Most active on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): Twitter.
- Self-published, traditionally published, or both: Traditionally.
- Currently working on: Not dying of heatstroke. Oh, you meant writing? A story inspired by a terrible Paul Newman movie.